Monday, December 16, 2013

My favorite fairy artist, Brian Froud


"Once upon a time, I thought faeries lived only in books, old folktales, and the past. That was before they burst upon my life as vibrant, luminous beings, permeating my art and my everyday existence, causing glorious havoc…."
- Brian Froud

Brian Froud is hands down my favorite fantasy/fairy illustrator and story teller. I stumbled upon my first Froud book in 2004, “Good Fairies, Bad Fairies”, looking for adult fairy tales. I brought this book home and couldn’t put it down, finished it in a few short hours. The written details in this book and his others are so fun to read. The illustrations are fascinating and intricate. Anyone who loves myths, legends and magic will be in awe.


 Here are some photos I snapped from my book for you from the Good Fairies, Bad Fairies book. They ARE a little scary and aren’t for little kids.


  Morgana, who is the inspiration for my black corset dress (which I will share with you in January), is also featured in this book. Part faery and part human, she is one of the most powerful faery queens in existence. Morgana has also been mentioned in Wizard Merlin’s adventures. When I designed this dress, I wanted it to match her personality which is seductive, beautiful and magical. That’s how I want my customer’s to feel when they slip into this dress. Can’t wait to share it with you all!
   
FOLLOW ME ON YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL NETWORK