Friday, December 20, 2013

Wardrobing


Wardrobing is when you make a purchase, use it and then return it for a refund. This is a big problem in the apparel industry and billions are lost every year. Bloomingdales tactic to combat this practice is to attach three-inch black plastic tags to garments in visible places. They are called Black Tags and usually attached to higher priced items, especially ladies evening wear. Your garment purchase will be non-refundable if you try to return one of these items without that tag.

I went into Bloomingdales the other day and purchased a beautiful dress for New Year’s Eve. It had a Black Tag on it, which I didn’t mind. I took it home, tried it on my with shoes and didn’t like it. Returned it back tagged 2 weeks later with no problems. I really don’t see a problem with this process. However, I was reading some comments HERE and some people are very unhappy with this policy. A few people feel that they are being treated like criminals. Other’s feel that it’s just bad customer service.

What do you think about this subject? Agree or Disagree?