Friday, December 6, 2013

Recommended book for my fellow aspiring fashion designers

I stumbled across this book 2 years ago when I started studying fashion. As a fashion designer who wishes to contract with manufacturers in the future, I found this book extremely useful. The title is a little misleading or at least, I thought it was a book about how to sew (I'm a little slow sometimes!). Turned out to become one of my fashion bibles. The book is actually an entry level introduction for entrepreneurs who want to start a sewing business or become a sewing contractor. I feel that it's very important for fashion designers to understand how their manufacturer operates and so this is THE book if you're still learning like me. Manufacturing is the most important part of my business plan because this is where all the magic happens.